T-shirts and Winners

I swear, I am still here.  :)
I just haven't had anything to share recently and don't even have any photos to share.  I think that is probably the main reason for the lack of posts.  I love a post with pretty photos and to be honest with you, I just haven't been in the mood.

The project I have been working on lately is a fun T-shirt quilt for a friend, but I don't know if I will share the full image because it has her name on some jerseys and other personal items.  I tell you what though....making one of these memory T-shirt quilts is really, really hard.  Not because of the sewing portion, but because of the cutting.  Some of these shirts were years old and she had stored them and carried them with her since childhood.  They were IMPORTANT memories and I went and cut them all up.  She wanted something useful made out of them.  She asked me to cut them up.  But, boy was it scary and it took me months to make that first cut.

I am happy to say that it turned out wonderfully and I can't wait to give it to her next week.

Onto the winner for my "Quilter's Laundry Day" Jen & Jan's Mini Blog Hop post!  I had 99 comments on that post and I was almost wanting to wait another day to see if I could get 1 more comment to round out the number, but I promised to do the drawing and I was anxious to pick someone.

I always like these little goodie bags to be a surprise.  The winner was comment number 44.  That comment was made by Bernie of Needle and Foot Once I receive confirmation that it has been received, I will add a photo.  Congratulations Bernie!  I hope you enjoy your little prize.  :)


I promise to start taking some photos and posting more often.  The sun shining more often will help on that front a lot.  I have some fun projects coming up and they will be a lot of fun to share.
Happy Quilting!

Comments

  1. A memory quilt no doubt needs a lot more planning and care, and would be quite scary to cut into those garments. I am sure it will be much loved and treasured. Congrats, Bernie, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few memory quilts I need to make, but no motivation. Congrats to Bernie and a huge thank you for such a wonderful pattern and all the work you and Janice did to host such a wonderful hop for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing all the mini quilts! Congrats to Bernie! Oh wow, I see what you mean about cutting into memories like that! I'm sure it will turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not that you need permission, but it is OK to take a posting holiday. :) I make t-shirt memory quilts also and at first I had a hard time cutting them up, but now that I have made over 70 of them I just say let me at 'em. LOL As soon as I start pulling them out of the bag a design starts forming in my head. You will make someone very happy. Enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing the t-shirt quilt! I'm sure she will cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi popped over to visit you . I was going to make a tshirt quilt for my daughter but she decided in the end to start wearing all her t shirts again . I was a bit nervous too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments from you. It makes my day. I try to respond to each and every comment via email. Unless of course you are a no-reply blogger because I don't have a way to respond to you, but I appreciate and read the comments just as much.
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Happy Quilting!